Edited to add: This giveaway is closed. JoeyfromSC who commented, ” I LOVE this tip: hang a magnetic organizer (found at your local office supply store) on the side of your washer or dryer for those lost items. Thank you for the chance to win!!” is the winner. Thanks to everyone who entered and be sure to subscribe to my RSS Feed for updates on future giveaways!
According to Energy Star, the average American family does around 400 loads of laundry per year. That’s a lot of time sorting, washing, drying, and tossing clean clothes into a clean clothes mountain.
Wait, did I just admit that?
Yes, I am a fold and put away procrastinator.
For the last several weeks I’ve been testing Arm & Hammer products as part of the Switch & Save Challenge and so far I’ve been focusing on the laundry room. Both my husband and I work outside the home and between that and school and sports and everything else it’s really critical that we maximize our time. I’ll admit I haven’t been the most organized housekeeper all these years, but I’ve got a few ideas for maximizing time in the laundry room:
- Do a load of laundry daily to avoid the laundry traffic jam
- Make your kids responsible for putting their dirty laundry in the hamper AND putting clean laundry away
- Consider buying sports socks in bulk for your kids to share so there’s no more lost sock and sock identification angst
- Speaking of lost socks, hang a magnetic organizer (found at your local office supply store) on the side of your washer or dryer for those lost items
- Avoid dry clean only clothing like the plague
What are some of your time saving tips in the laundry room?
Leave a comment here with your tip or, if you don’t have one to add, let me know which tip above is your favorite, to be entered to win a $25 VISA gift card from Arm & Hammer.I’ll draw a winner from all eligible comments left on this post by midnight CST Thursday, July 28!
For up to 3 additional entries total (please leave a separate comment for each of these that you do):
- Leave a comment on another non-giveaway post here at Savvy Housewife
- Leave a comment on another post on my mom blog, Blonde Mom Blog
- Tweet I entered to win a VISA gift card on SavvyHousewife.com http://tinyurl.com/3k37q5p
Winners will be notified via e-mail and will have 72 hours to contact me or I will draw another name. Thanks for entering and good luck! I’m one of 20 bloggers participating in their Switch & Save challenge this summer and twice monthly I’ll be giving away a VISA gift card, so be sure to stop by in two weeks for another chance to win!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is compensating me to try different products. Save $1.00 on ARM & HAMMER Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets. And then head over to The Switch & Save Challenge to keep up with all of the bloggers and enter to win $25,000.
Savvy Housewife is a shopping blog featuring product reviews, great giveaways, and fabulous finds. Be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed as well as visit and subscribe to my main mom blog, BlondeMomBlog.com, for more great content from this 41-year-old Nashville working mom.