This giveaway is closed. The winner is Kasey who commented,” I like how they seem easy to get in touch with you if there’s anything you want to ask them – there’s even a phone number, or you can hit them up on twitter. To me that kind of support is a big feature.” Congrats Kasey and thanks to everyone who entered!
Working in an office and sitting too much is catching up with me. And let’s not even talk about what happens to your metabolism once you hit 40!
I’ve been loving the beautiful warm weather here in Nashville and really wanting to get out more and walk with the dogs and walk on my lunch break. I am not a fan of the gym, but I do love walking. Sometimes I need a little extra motivation, though, to get active. Basically I’m like a kid when it comes to exercise. It must be fun and I must have a reward system.
California-based Striiv sent me their pedometer, which is truly like my own personal trainer in my pocket (or in my case, on my waistband as I wear it like a beeper.)
I registered my Striiv last Friday and immediately got moving. I was pretty amazed that on Saturday, despite having a fairly sedentary day, I still managed to log in just under 8,000 steps. Striiv encourages you to log 10,000 steps a day. On Sunday I walked our dogs and walked during before and during half time at my daughter’s travel soccer games and I logged a personal best of 15,339 steps. I love that you can track your steps and calories burned.
Wearing the Striiv pedometer while I run errands encourages me to take extra steps and the stairs!
A few observations right off the bat:
- Striiv was easy to set up and use right out of the box and register online
- On Saturday it was cool and drizzly out and I found myself parking in the FURTHEST parking spot at the grocery store just to get in extra steps…ya’ll I just don’t normally do that!
- I love all the bonus fitness rounds where you can rack up extra points
- Striiv is a pedometer with a philanthropic angle….you can earn points toward clean water (my choice), vaccinations, or aid the rainforest…how incredibly cool is that?
- Striiv’s stats help you monitor how many steps, stairs, and miles you walk per day, as well as how many calories you’ve burned (one of my favorite alerts is when you’ve officially burned off a cupcake.)
Striiv is about the size of a small beeper and comes with a clip. I wear mine on my waistband, which is apropo since I’m trying to lost my mama muffin top! You can also attach it to your purse or even to your keychain. It has a touch screen and colorful graphics which are easy to read. The touch screen is a tad sensitive, which is really my only complaint so far.
I’m really excited to see how this helps me lose a little weight before pools open Memorial Day weekend! A fun fact for you, the average Striiv user is walking 3 miles a day for 60 minutes – which is almost double the national average! Striiv retails for $99 on Amazon and would make a great Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gift. You also can use the unit without a computer (making it great for our parents and grandparents who’d rather not fool with the online registration.)
Want to try Striiv for yourself? Striiv’s new “Try and Buy” program is a great way to test out this amazing fitness pedometer and 20 of my readers will get to try it out and see if it movitates them to get more active! 20 lucky BlondeMomShops readers can click through this one-day link which will allow them them to try Striiv for two weeks, then if they don’t find that the product is motivating them to be more active they can return the product at no charge.
I’m also giving away a Striiv unit!
To enter this giveaway, simply visit Striiv’s website and then come back to this post and let me know what feature you like best.
For additional entries:
For up to four additional entries to this giveaway (please leave a comment on this post for each of these you do):
- Tweet I entered the @Striiv giveaway @blondemomblog’s shopping blog http://blondemomshops.com/?p=10111
- Let me know if you’re a fan of Striiv on Facebook
- Let me know if you are a fan of BlondeMomBlog on Facebook
- Leave a comment on any post at my main mom blog, Blonde Mom Blog, where I have been sharing funny stories and more about my busy life as a Southern working soccer mom since the dark ages of blogging, ahem, 2005.
I’ll select a winner from all eligible comments using Random.org; giveaway closes at midnight CST Monday, April 2. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents, ages 18 and up.
Disclosure: I received a Striiv fitness pedometer in exchange for this review and giveaway. Amazon affiliate link used.
Blonde Mom Shops features product reviews, great giveaways, and fabulous finds. Be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed as well as visit and subscribe to my main mom blog, BlondeMomBlog.com, for more great content from this 42-year-old Nashville working mom.