This giveaway is closed. The winner is Elizabeth T. Morris who commented, “Put a sheet under your hat or cap to prevent mosquitos and other nasty insects from bothering you.” Congrats Elizabeth! Be sure to stop by every two weeks this summer as I’ll be giving away more $25 VISA gift cards as part of the Arm & Hammer Switch & Save Challenge.
I mentioned last week that I’ve been testing out Arm & Hammer Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets and finding that not only are they budget friendly, but they are Earth friendly. Eco-friendly household products aren’t always the cheapest alternatives, but Arm & Hammer is a brand I associate with great value so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that their Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets are made with biodegradable softening agents.
Speaking of budget friendly, there are many practical uses for fabric softener sheets. Here are some of my favorites for thinking outside the laundry basket:
1. Prevent musty suitcases – Place an individual sheet in each suitcase to keep it fresh smelling.
2. Freshen the air in your car – Place a sheet under the seats of your car.
3. Remove soap scum from shower doors, walls, soap holders, etc. – Simply wet it like a wash cloth, squeeze out the excess liquid and wipe away.
4. Deodorize camping gear – Place a fabric softener sheet Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and it will be smelling fresh the next time you go camping or your child goes to a sleepover.
5. Remove that annoying gray gunk from an iron – With the setting on low, rub the iron over the dryer sheet until the residue disappears.
6. Remove deodorant from clothes – If you get deodorant on your clothes while dressing, rub it away with a fabric softener sheet.
Do you have a tip for a unique use for fabric softener sheets? Leave a comment here with your tip or, if you don’t have one to add, let me know which tip above is your favorite, to be entered to win a $25 VISA gift card from Arm & Hammer.I’ll draw a winner from all eligible comments left on this post by midnight CST Thursday, July 14!
For up to 2 additional entries total (please leave a separate comment for each of these that you do):
- Like my main blog page on Facebook (BlondeMomBlog.com), where I post feeds from both my blogs
- Leave a comment on another non-giveaway post here at Savvy Housewife (how about this Arm & Hammer post where you can learn more about their $25,000 sweepstakes and their Esssentials Fabric Softener Sheets)
Winners will be notified via e-mail and will have 72 hours to contact me or I will draw another name. Thanks for entering and good luck!
I’m one of 20 bloggers participating in their Switch & Save challenge this summer and twice monthly I’ll be giving away a VISA gift card, so be sure to stop by in two weeks for another chance to win a VISA gift card.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is compensating me to try different products. Save $1.00 on ARM & HAMMER Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets. And then head over to The Switch & Save Challenge to keep up with all of the bloggers and enter to win $25,000.
Savvy Housewife is a shopping blog featuring product reviews, great giveaways, and fabulous finds. Be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed as well as visit and subscribe to my main mom blog, BlondeMomBlog.com, for more great content from this 41-year-old Nashville working mom.