I’ll be the first to admit that I’m great at clipping coupons…and then promptly forgetting to use them! I am all for saving money, though, and using products that work hard for the money.
The laundry room is one part of my house that I’ve become very familiar with over the years.
Photo courtesy of Pink Sherbet Photography (D Sharon Pruitt) on Flickr.
How do I save money in the laundry room and not feel like I’m throwing money away every time the hamper is full?
- Use the cold setting for washing as often as possible.
- Hang more delicate items, such as bathing suits, on a large wooden drying rack to air dry.
- Run full loads in the washer and dryer.
- Uses the quick wash setting when washing smaller loads.
- Never pay full price for detergent or laundry supplies. Buy in bulk if you have a membership to a warehouse shopping club.
- Consolidate your laundry supplies. Buy a detergent with fabric softener, rather than two separate products.
- Consider investing in high-efficiency appliances. Front-loading washers typically use 50% less water and energy. Appliance outlets that sell perfectly good scratch and dent units are a great place to shop.
- Turn into the dressing room Nazi and tell your family they can’t change clothes three times a day (just kidding on this one…but with a house full of girls, like mine, you never know!)
Want to save even more? Be sure to visit the ARM & HAMMER savings center for savings up to $15!
You can also enter to win a $25 Visa gift card here on Savvy Housewife, courtesy of Arm & Hammer. I’ll be giving two Visa gift cards away every month this summer.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Church & Dwight Co., Inc, the maker of ARM & HAMMER branded products, who is compensating me to try different products. Save $1.00 on any 2 ARM & HAMMER Laundry Detergents. And be sure and head over to The Switch & Save Challenge for the chance to win $25,000.