Packing lunch is not just for kids anymore. With many of us taking paycuts at the workplace (myself included), eating out at lunch every day is a luxury. arried 8.5 billion lunches from home in 2007, according to NPD Group research,
With the average packed lunch costing a little over $3, compared to eating lunch out at $8 to $10, there’s big savings by the end of a month’s worth of lunches. I know it’s been one way we’ve cut back on our budget.
Earthbound Farm has a a big selection of healthy lunch options that are certified organic, fresh and ready to drop in a lunch box for adults and kids:
- Organic Apple Slices – These fresh, crunchy apple slices are the perfect size and ready to eat. (5 2oz bags for $3.99)
- * Organic Mini-Peeled Carrots snack pack – (10 2oz bags for $2.99)
- Organic Carrot Dippers with Ranch Dressing – This perfect combination will help sneak in that serving of veggies at lunch (3 packs for $2.89)
- Grab & Go Salads: Caesar Salad, Mixed Baby Greens or Baby Spinach Kits ($3.69 a box and includes salad, dressing, topping, fork and the clamshell package can be used as a bowl)
- Organic Raisin snack packs – A sweet treat in a little box (6 1.5oz boxes for $2.99)
We were sent the Organic Mini-Peeled Carrots snack packs and Organic Apple Slices, both perfect for lunches or healthy snacks at the office or in the classroom. It’s so tempting to reach for convenience foods like bags of potato chips, but I know I’ll feel better if I can make some healthier choices for our family lunches!