This giveaway is closed. Mary from The Writer’s Block is the winner! Thanks to everyone who entered and don’t forget about Goodwill’s Community Donation Drive April 22-25.
I am a huge fan of Goodwill, not only for the jobs they provide in our community and the convenient drop-off locations, but for the bargains! As a self-professed frugalista, I have found many cute clothing items at Goodwill. I hit Goodwill, typically the one near my office, about once a month. I always come home with a find. One of my favorite spring casual spring outfits this year, a pair of Old Navy khakis and a fun fuchsia tunic top, came from Goodwill!
Not only do I like bargain hunting at Goodwill, but I frequently make donations. Tis the season for spring cleaning. I don’t usually have an issue with letting go of that linen blazer with the shoulder pads that remember when Madonna was still singing about being a virgin, but the problem is our collection of toys. I have a 5-year-old who can be a pack rat. Just ask me about her Chiquita banana sticker she won’t let me throw away.
How do you work with children to make spring cleaning their toy bins and closets fun, and not a chore?
Here are some of my suggestions:
- Take advantage of birthdays. Explain to your child that they’ll be getting many new things as gifts and that it’s time to make room for them and donate some of their toys to charity.
- Go through your child’s toys that are never played with and store them for a season. If they do not inquire about them then it’s a safe bet to mark them for donation.
- As you clean out your child’s dresser or closet to make way for out-of-season clothes, have them put on a fashion show to determine what fits from last year and what needs to be donated.
April 17 is Earth Day. One great way you can celebrate with your family is by recycling, and what better way to recycle than to donate to Goodwill? Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee is holding a Community Donation Drive Thursday, April 22 through Sunday, April 25! Did you know that Goodwill has more than 60 donation centers?
Would you like to win a $10 Goodwill gift card good at 33 Middle Tennessee locations?
Remember, $10 at Goodwill goes a long way!
How to enter: Simply leave a comment sharing your experience with Goodwill Industries in the comments. Maybe you are a diva of frugal decorating and found something perfect for your home at Goodwill. Perhaps you scored a gorgeous pricey cashmere sweater at your local Goodwill store.
For up to five additional entries (please leave a separate comment for any and each of these you do):
- Tweet @blondemomblog is giving away a $10 gift card to Goodwill on her review blog for Nashville area readers http://tinyurl.com/y8yvhnu
- Leave a comment on a post at Blonde Mom Blog, my main mommy blog
- Leave a comment on another post here at Savvy Housewife
- Link to this post from your blog
- Subscribe to the Savvy Housewife RSS feed (I typically post a giveaway a week so this is a great way to ensure you don’t miss any upcoming giveaways and I have several fun ones planned, including two for SONIC and Subway!)
A winner will be chosen from all eligible comments left by midnight Friday, April 23 using Random.org
For another chance to enter this giveaway, visit Nashville blogger Michelle at Everyday Celebrating!