Photo credit: Freedigitalphotos.net by federico stevanin
I’m on a smoothie kick for breakfast. They’re also a great way to ensure your kids are getting their fruits and veggies.
Here’s a recipe from Nestle for a fun green smoothie, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
Pina Colada Green Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
A green start to St. Patrick’s Day! Sweet, creamy, tropical fruit flavored – and nutrient-packed with a secret green ingredient.
What you need
- 1 packet of No Sugar Added Classic French Vanilla Flavor CARNATION® BREAKFAST ESSENTIALS™ Complete Nutritional Drink
- 1/2 cup of pineapple or orange juice
- 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple cubes
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup of vanilla fat free yogurt
- 1/4 banana
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
How to do it
Place Carnation Breakfast Essentials Drink, pineapple juice, pineapple, spinach, yogurt, banana, coconut and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Savvy Housewife is a shopping and product review blog featuring product reviews, great giveaways, and fabulous finds. Be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed as well as visit and subscribe to my main mom blog, BlondeMomBlog.com, for more great content from this 41-year-old Nashville working mom to two girls.