We’ve had a Nintendo Wii now for more than a month and I love that so many of the games we can play with our girls. With winter coming up, it’s been great for me to work out on to Wii Fit and it’s been fun for active games.
Just released this fall, Sled Shred featuring the Jamaican Bobsled Team by Southpeak for the Nintendo Wii has been a blast. I love the dreadlocks on the Miis. I love any game using the Wii Balance Board and this game is no exception.
Here’s a synopsis of this fun family game:
The World Snow Games are quickly approaching and once again the Jamaican Bobsled team is preparing to take the world by storm. But finding a team that has the right stuff isnt easy. Coach Mon has embarked on a mission to find those rare individuals that have what it takes. Are you fit enough? Are you focused enough? Are you brave enough to jump on a bobsled and rocket down that tube of ice at break neck speeds? In Sled Shred featuring the Jamaican Bobsled Team, prove yourself to the legendary Jamaican bobsledders and learn the ropes of downhill sledding in order to join the coolest team in the world!
- Exhilarating downhill sledding using Wii Balance Board controls, the Wii Remote with Nunchuk, or Wii Remote and Classic Controller
- Unlockable characters, vehicles, and super special abilities
- Shred up the slopes with one of nine entertaining characters. Dash down the hills in inner tubes, giant discs, toboggans, classic steel runners, and bonafide 2 and 4 man bobsleds
- Take sledding to the extreme by executing tricks to boost your speed or score. Pelt your opponents with snowballs to knock them off course (my kids love this feature, go figure)
- Race with friends in a single race, choose from a variety of circuits, or create your own customized race. Use in game achievements to track your sledding accomplishments
Rated E for everyone, Sled Shred is perfect for younger kids and for family game night. Best of all, it’s reasonably priced, retailing for less than $21.
Disclosure: Affiliate link used.