“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Colgate. I received a product sample for this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.”
The holiday season is a joyful time, but it can also be incredibly stressful. As a busy working mom I know how fast I can go from feeling like my day is a success to totally stressed out. Sometimes you just need to take a mom time out, say no, and do something totally out of the norm, like go see a movie by yourself or meet a friend after work for a glass of wine.
In my review video below I share a few holiday stress buster tips for busy moms to take a time out this holiday season. Moms are so busy taking care of everyone else and everything during the holidays, it’s so important to take a deep breath, relax, and just take time out for you.
Here are a few of my tips for taking time out for YOU:
- Outsource When You Can (hire a cleaning service or pay a neighborhood teenager to wrap your Christmas presents)
- Say No (You don’t have to attend every holiday party you’re invited to or volunteer for every school function)
- Catch an afternoon matinee by yourself and indulge in some buttered popcorn or candy without sharing with anyone
- Browse a local bookstore or the shelves of your local library
- Trade babysitting services with a mom friend after school so you can take a mom break and head to a local coffee shop for an impromptu hot beverage
- Get a manicure or pedicure at a local salon and pick a fun winter shade
- Go for a walk at lunch, take a yoga class, or walk your dog – exercise is always beneficial and helps boost your mood naturally
- Unplug and disconnect from social media, email, and your phone for the evening
Thanks to Walgreens Saturdates, which I blogged about last month, I can pick up most all of my holiday needs, from greeting cards to gift cards and from stocking stuffers to after school snacks! Be sure to check your local Walgreens weekly specials and you may catch a BOGO on the Colgate Enamel Health products. As I mentioned in my video above, I really love the whitening formula and taking care of me in baby steps is just one way I can destress during the holidays.
Whether you’re traveling during this busy holiday season, or staying close to home, you’ll be making lots of memories, and taking lots of pictures! Make sure your smile is as white and bright as it can be and check out Colgate Enamel Health’s whitening formula.